Monday, May 23, 2011

Scissors


This may be a no-brainer for most of you, but for me... it was a revelation. You see, for years now I have been working with okay scissors. You know the kind. The ones that you can buy at Walmart for ten bucks and that really do work when cutting fabric and paper or plastic. Those really are good scissors and I have been using them for years now. But the other day... I got a coupon. Yes, those same Jo-Ann coupons one gets in the mail for 50% off something. I used my coupon along with a 15% off discount the total purchase I also had. I bought expensive scissors. It was not an easy decision. I went back and forth about it for a week before I actually did it. My thought process went as follows...

"I don't NEED new scissors. I have a perfectly good pair. They cut the fabric fine. I've sharpened them. But... I have used them on paper. I would like a dedicated pair for fabric... it only makes sense. Scissors for paper and scissors for fabric. Right? But these scissors are expensive. I have a coupon though... and... the scissors are... so shiny."

It was probably the "shiny" part that did me in. I nabbed my scissors and took them home. Today, I opened the package and started to use them (as I need to very quickly come up with a bigger inventory before the end of the month so I can set up my little booth for the Red Brick House). Let me just say... I love my new shiny scissors. Love. It cuts sooo smoothly and I can cut up delicate fabrics in shapes I couldn't do before because the previous scissors were not so precise. It's like the difference between having a bowl of ice cream or old Halloween candy from six months ago. I mean... the Halloween candy is still good, but I'd rather have the ice cream. ^_~ Okay, maybe that was a poor example because I could really go for some ice cream right now...

The brand I bought was gingher. I love them. They came in a tin though and I'm on the fence about the tin. I love the tin boxes as well as the next person, but if I keep getting those pretty tin boxes, what will I do with them! There comes a point when we get tired of getting the scissors in and out of the box so... we shall see what I end up doing with the tin.

Now that I have bored everyone to death about my love for these scissors... I will get back to work on my inventory!

No comments:

Post a Comment