Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Weekend Trip

I apologize for disappearing for the better end part of a weekend. We had a blast at my parent's house where we celebrated Mother's Day/Anniversary/My brother calling home from back East. It was a wonderful weekend.

While we were home, we got to visit with my cousin and we accomplished several projects and she took me to a presentation featuring a lovely lady that spoke about organizing one's life and home! I will tell you what, I needed that little pep-talk with getting rid of all my stuff! Marie Ricks is an excellent speaker and has a lot to say on how to help kids clean (and husbands). Take a look at the website, it is full of great information. House of Order.
Sooo, in honor of this, the hubs and I will be hosting a community yard sale!!! Stay tuned for more information.

My darling cousin Rachel that I visited over the weekend is a talented photographer in the Las Vegas area. To see her blog, please go to Brilliant Imagery or to see her portfolio, go here. We worked on a few projects for her and her friend and Rachel was awesome enough to snap a few pictures of this awesome project.

The husband is busy in the back making cookies. Isn't he incredible?!

The project was an awesome vintage suitcase on which I painted wildflowers all around. It actually turned out great and I am happy with the end result. I am so pleased that this beauty will be used again to travel instead of lost in an office holding craft supplies. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment