Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning?

Remember when I said that I was cleaning the house? Cleaning the office? Turns out I've made such a mess of the house that this is literally going to take FOREVER! But I did say I was going to show you some before and afters. Let me warn you now... it is not pretty, people! Okay, the after is getting closer to pretty. But it's still just... yuccch! I'm going to have to get creative with storage here soon. Just let me show you what I mean.


I am sorry about the poor picture quality... but I was scared my office was going to eat me if I kept taking pictures. So I ran instead.
So yes, please take special note of all the shave ice flavorings invading my closet, the random baby items I own (and have no baby to use on them), all the pictures on the floor... oh yes, take it all in. All of its awful, horrible, terrible glory! Now that I have sufficiently grossed all of you out... I will show you how it has taken its first steps towards being cleaner...

Ahhh... the clutter has been shoved against the walls. Always much better. :p

That's a lot of books, you say? Don't worry... that's only about 1/4 of the books that exist in this house. This is also not taking into account the rest of the books my parents are holding for me at their place. Hubby and I are bibliophiles...
(Again, apologies for the picture... I am working on those photography skills...)

I know there's stuff behind the door. Shhhh! It won't be there long. *ahem*
But what I really want to show you is the way I've organized all my crafty items. Okay, some of my crafty items. (Just uh... ignore the ugly lamp cord trailing its way to the plug behind everything. Uhg... cords. Can't live with them, can't live without them...)

Tada! Suitcases. Why? Portability. As my dear husband will tell you... I tend to slather myself somewhere in the house and claim it as my own for the next few weeks while I work on a project. This way, I can stick all my stuff in something and hide it under the desk for the next project. This idea may not work for everyone, but it sure works for me.

I found these vintage beauties at the local Desert Industries (basically just another Goodwill) and I picked them up for 2-4$ apiece back when we first got married. I adore them.
...Scrapbook stuff. I don't even scrapbook. I got it all because the local Roberts was going out of business and it was all 75-90% off. I could not pass it up. I horde, people. I horde. I will use it someday. That's what I keep saying. But I swear I do eventually use everything!

So that is what's happening in my office. What do you think? Got any brilliant ideas for me to try out to organize (and/or toss things out?)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I *have* that suitcase! Mine is blue. Also from DI. Also, I love it too. I'm jealous of your set. Cute blog! Good job on the organizing, I've been doing MUCH of that myself! I know how you feel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it! I am up to my ears in clutter and I NEED all of it!

    ReplyDelete