Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Essentials for a College Student

Every good college student can manage to fanangle their way into getting brand new things for essentially... free. Or as close to free as we can manage. So, my hubby discovered that Amazon.come buys back textbooks. Sometimes they even buy back textbooks the school won't even buy back! So we dumped all our textbooks on Amazon and came up with enough money to get me a brand spanking new Kindle! Oh yeah, babay! I am sooo looking forward to not lugging around heavy textbooks around campus. Granted, the Kindle is an expensive piece... and it needs to be protected just like I want to protect my cell phone or iPod. But the cases for Kindle are way too expensive. We're looking at $20 for plain and ugly or $50-100 for pretty cute cases. I wasn't about to cough up that dough if I could do it myself. I discovered I could make my own Kindle case for just about $15 and make it as awesome as I want. So there.

Front cover, flap held with Velcro.


Inside with the elastic. I would have liked to use black but that's all I had when making it at 11pm. :P

Hubby showing off the overall look. Doesn't he look fabulous?

Heh, anyway. The fabric was a taffeta like stuff with nice texture that I bought awhile ago. It also has an insert so there is a form to it instead of just flappy fabric. I am pleased with myself. I didn't take pictures of the process but I think we may find these suckers for sale in my Etsy shop sometime soon so be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment