Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Decor Love

Does anyone have as much Anthropologie envy as I do right now? Probably. If you have ventured into one of its stores, you will probably love it as much as I do. But the price? Oh the price... I don't like the expensive nature of Anthropologie! Pottery Barn is only a wee bit better. Then there is Pier 1 Imports (which I love!) which is cheaper. All of these stores, I love!
I made my first venture into Anthropologie in Salt Lake City last month. Granted, I wasn't hugely impressed with this particular store, but still, I could see how much potential this place had. I found a ton of little treasures.

(Source: One-Lump-Or-Two, Anthropologie)
Perfect for my living room. I love china. But $198? Move along. (Besides... I am very sure my husband could figure out how to rig this up for me for cheaper. He is that awesome).

(Source: Nimbus Duvet Cover, Anthropologie)

It looks like it would feel like a cloud. My husband scrunched his nose at it and shrugged. What?! He didn't like it?! Bah. Men. He then pointed to the price tag. How much?! Walk away quickly. Poor college students can't afford this store.

So then, I traveled the Internet just for you! I discovered just the thing to curb the Anthropologie addiction. It's called Knock-Off Decor. Granted, it isn't perfect copies... but they'll do the trick for those of us that can't always afford the good stuff. This website is great for the Do-It-Yourself-ers out there. I think I may just be looking at this site all day.

Remember that Duvet Cover I just showed you?
(Source: Cirrus Bedding by Being Brooke via Knock-Off designs)

Tada! All for so much cheaper. Go here for the tutorial.

So there is hope out there for us to have our cake and eat it too... but only if we want to apply a little elbow grease and mind power. If it means saving money, count me in!

On my trip to Anthropologie, I found this.
A square pouf. It's perfect for a footstool/extra seating. It was about $200 dollars. Yeah... uhm... it's a sewn up square with a zipper! Granted, it was a pretty good size. It came up to my knees just about. I really want to make this for my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment