Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So that's how it started...

We went to my parent's place again to gather up more things for our proposed garage sale. Going through my old bedroom is like taking a trip to crazy town. I was a pack rat kid/teenager and I kept the weirdest stuff! Like fifty bouncy balls and trading cards.
However, as I took a break and started to look at my mom's house... I have now figured out where the creative gene first bit me. It is definitely all to be blamed on my mother. She's always building something or making something pretty. She has a few footstools around the house I'd like to snag (my mother and me like propping our feet up when we sit on the couch). She always has something interesting going on.
She had this up for Easter. A friend of hers cuts out the pieces and sells them and mom just painted them and decorated them. I need me some of these... One that says "Summer" would be awesome.

Mother is very big into hats of late. She wants to start making them and I agree. She should. She started making new bands for these two so we could wear them to church on Mother's Day.

She has this incredible branch in the sitting room. At any given time in the year, it is decorated. On Easter she will have floss wrapped eggs hanging from the branches. Halloween could be little pumpkins and Christmas could be Andes mint candies wrapped like presents (which would promptly go missing).
Right now she has little paper cranes hanging from it for the Summer.

We are currently packing up boxes of books for the garage sale. It is rough getting rid of some of them! But I know someone else will treat them well... So I should go help with the packing now. If anyone wants books or DVDs or kitchen stuff or a whole dining room table complete with chairs (!) make space on your calendar for June 4th!!! We'll do it street-wide here in Cedar City. Just gotta find the right street...

No comments:

Post a Comment